Rules Governing Use of the SUA Archives Records
1. An Application to use Archives or Receive Digital Surrogates form must be completed before viewing manuscript material.
2. SUA Archives records with restrictions on their use may be used only subject to those restrictions. Consult with an archives staff member for information about such restrictions. Requests to view collections in person require scheduling an appointment time, arranged in advance.
3. The reproduction of some materials may require the permission of the Archivist. Permission to reproduce does not constitute permission to publish.
4. No materials from the SUA Archives can be published, in whole or in part, without written permission, secured in advance, from both the Library, as the physical holder of the material, and the copyright holder. Photographing materials in the manuscript collections with a personal camera is never permitted. Archives patrons must leave phones and cameras with a library staff member prior to an archives appointment.
5. In permitting reproduction or publication of any materials in the manuscript collections, The Ikeda Library does not surrender its own right to reproduce or publish the material, or to give permission to others to do so; nor does the Library assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or of other rights in the material held by the creator or subject, heirs, executors, or assigns.
6. Requests for permissions must be made in writing.
Once this form has been received and reviewed, you will receive a follow-up email to schedule an appointment or deliver requested information. If you have any questions, please contact Mitsu Kimura at 949.480.4070 or Hanako Redrick at 949.480.4121.